Saturday, August 18, 2012

Treatments 17 - 22

I ended up going to the clinic just for one more treatment about a month after my last post. I must have been fighting something off because that treatment wiped me out for 2 weeks! But I recovered after that and was stabilizing.


I spent this last Monday through Thursday at the clinic with a couple friends of mine. I love them dearly. One of them had bladder cancer and still has some low white blood cells that she wants to see go back to normal and the other friend has Fibromyalgia and a handful of other issues that she is so desperately wanting to recover from.

We had a great time together! Some of our adventures were as follows:

* On our way there a car driving behind us suddenly lost its tire and quickly steered off the side of the freeway sending dust flying everywhere. The tire bounced across the opposite side of traffic and it just so happened that a police car witnessed this on the other side of the freeway and quickly went into action to help that person. What a blessing that the car didn't lose complete control and that the cop just happened to be there exactly when it happened! Amazing.

* Shirene working her "magic" and getting us the room we wanted/needed. When we got there we had been put in a tiny room that didn't even have a fridge or microwave. Shirene has outstanding communication skills and worked that skill to get us what we needed. In the end we got a spacey room with that fridge and microwave we were in need of, a fridge that was thoroughly clean, and a table with four working legs.

*  We were frightened to death a couple of times because the pot Amber was using to melt the cheese on her spelt bread was creating a lot of smoke (we had an indoor cooker) and we were worried that it'd set off the fire alarm - that'd be bad!- but with a lot of waving paper plates around, covering the top of the pot and opening the front door we managed to avoid the fire alarm from going off.

*  Shirene was a pro. once it comes to a particular Niacin treatment but on the third day Amber and I were given the Niacin treatment for the first time and had a great time of it. Our bodies burned like they were severely sunburned and our faces and skin turned bright red. Amber couldn't even talk to me without breaking out in a hardy laugh - my abnormally red face was too big of a distraction for a little chat. It was super funny.

*  Then came our adventure with a sinus treatment they did for me. They did an ozone injection treatment into my sinuses which bloated out my face so badly (which is totally normal) that I looked like I either took up professional boxing as a profession or I had a severe allergic reaction to something. I knew what room Shirene was in so I went and showed her how I looked. She just did an intense gasp and said, "did it hurt?" and didn't quite know what to say. But I just laughed. Next I showed Amber who also gasped in horror but then laughed with me as I darn near had a complete laugh attack and hid my face under a blanket. It was seriously funny.

*   However, seeing as how my body isn't as strong as it used to be, about an hour later, I went to get a drink and suddenly felt that I couldn't move. My body was wigging out. An attack was coming on. Amazingly (due to the goodness of God) as I kneeled on the ground and began to cry while thinking "Oh, John where are you.? I need you here with me. Somebody help me." Amber just happened to come out of the IV room and said, "Are you crying?!" She helped me get up. One of the nurses came over as well and got me into another room.

My body shook, my muscles twitched and ached, my heart pounded like crazy and my strength was diminished. Lyme. It isn't fun. But I recovered after a short amount of time and felt ever so grateful that Amber was there to help during that breakdown.

Although we were all quite exhausted from our treatments we had such a great time. We talked until late into the night. Watched Crocodile Dundee until 11pm. Ate together. Did treatments together. Laughed together. Napped together. Allowed ourselves to be couch potatoes together (watching several series of Reba and Leverage). Strengthened one another. It was wonderful. I'm so grateful to have had that experience with them.

We have all made progress with our treatments at the clinic and time will prove that more and more. I was surprised to find myself having more energy than I've ever had as I got the treatments during those four days. I wasn't completely wiped out like I normally am. Thank goodness! That says a lot about the progress I'm making.

As for today - I'm experiencing some good die-off. It's hard going through it but it's comforting to know that things are working and moving and changing.

I am so blessed by Heavenly Father and look forward to complete healing so that I can, more consistently, be the mother, wife, sister and aunt I want and need to be.

2 comments:

  1. hi...I would love to ask you a couple of questions, as my daughter has lymes. Could you email me and I will email you my question,

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi...I would love to ask you a couple of questions, as my daughter has lymes. Could you email me and I will email you my question,

    ReplyDelete