Saturday, March 10, 2012

An Overview

Where do I begin? Should I explain the onset of my symptoms from five years before? Or simply begin with what life is like for me now? There's so much to say...

Five years back, my symptoms began with relentless pressure in my eye sockets. I thought I had a sinus infection. I held off on treating it seeing as how I was pregnant at that time. Once I had our little one I began treating my symptoms with sinus medicine which, surprise, surprise, did nothing to give me relief.

After that I saw an eye doctor, thinking that perhaps my eyes were perhaps having some problems. I was in the clear there as well. I began having severe neck pain. I saw chiropractors who gave me little or no relief. The pain in my neck became so intense that I went to an Insta Care one day worried that I might have a tumor at the base of my skull.

The doctor simply told me I had depression (I broke down crying in his office - I guess human emotion and distress screams depression to some doctors) and he advised that I get an MRI - which I did. The tests came back just fine. So, apparently, I was just fine.

Symptoms went from that to constant overall head pressure to the point that, one day, I remember being in the bathroom repeatedly hiting my head on the wall. Why? I'm not quite sure. I couldn't take the constant discomfort anymore.

Eventually I saw a TMJ dentist who, after three hours of thorough x-rays, agreed with my own conclusions that I had a subluxated sphenoid bone which was causing an array of issues with the overall structure of my skull.

A few mouthpieces later and, only after one glorious week of relief, the relief wasn't permanent, the mouthpieces were terribly uncomfortable and embarrassing and on I went to other things.

Lyme started really kicking in at this time. My neck and shoulder muscles would become so weak I had difficulty holding up my head. I knew I had Candida and thought, at that time, that Candida was the cause for these strange symptoms.

I went on a Candida diet (low carb.'s, no sugar, no grains, no starches) and used herbal remedies (Oregano, Caprylic Acid, and others) to help me get rid of Candida. I had severe Herx Heimer reactions but continued on knowing that I was getting better in some regards and yet, never really felt better.

The neck weakness continued on having sporadic flare ups that I would constantly, without clear deciphering, try to link to what foods I was eating. Eventually I had symptoms similar to Parkinson's. My head would have a shake to it which when not focusing on it would cause my head to wobble enough that my husband asked, "Are you shaking your head at me?"

I found out about and used the Pulsar Machine for the Lyme doing the treatments every night for 5 nights. I felt some life coming back into my system but my days were still very unpredictable and my digestion became shot. My intestines bloated out to the point where I looked as if I was 3-4 months pregnant. It was quite embarrassing and very uncomfortable. Nothing seemed to give me relief.

That problem went away after a few months. The other symptoms still remained. Now it was also hitting my brain. I began stumbling over words quite often. I had a hard time forming thoughts into verbal explanations. Aside from having the constant foggy brain I had dealt with for several years, thinking was now becoming more and more difficult.

The end of last year was the closest I was to losing my battle with Lyme. I began having continuous repetitive thoughts. Walking became a strange sensation where, although I was walking, I couldn't feel myself walking and a fear would grip me, especially in public places that my legs would simply collapse from under me.

My repetitive thoughts went hand in hand with my answering my own thoughts out loud. I was aware enough of my surroundings that I would do this away from others. It was almost a relief to be able to answer my own wild thoughts out loud and vocally say a repetitive "hello. good-bye. hello. good-bye." out loud as well - which is something my N.D.'s and I laugh about now.

One of the symptoms of Autism is hand flapping which, on one of my worst days, was something I fought off doing, feeling as though it was the most natural thing to do with how muddled, confused, messy and loud my brain and the feelings that came from within it were.

Fortunately, due to the goodness of Heavenly Father, I was seeing a Naturopathic Doctor at that time who was able to diganose me with having multiple strains of Lyme and brain fungus' and treated me through homeopathic and herbal remedies which I know saved my life.

I am currently still seeing this experienced doctor. The results are slow, tedious and expensive but I'm getting results and will stick with this treatment for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment